Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bittman on Brussels Sprouts

This one's from November 23rd- I am going chronologically by my pictures so that I don't miss anything!

Here was my inspiration: Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Figs on the NYT site from Mark Bittman. I like watching his videos, as he's funny, he makes it look easy, and it cements the recipe in my mind better [clue: Visual Learner!]. In this one, I learned how one is supposed to use the slicer/ shredder disc in the food processor, without having to dig out the instruction booklet. *Yessssss!*
So, I didn't have figs, but I did have some chi-chi pancetta for the first time, and it made it extra special, along with the balsamic vinegar :-) I made this like 3 times in one week, and didn't tire of it. That's how good it makes brussels sprouts taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment