Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Feeling Stuffed, anyone?

Looked a little soupy, but came out ok...





It's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I thought I would tackle something stuffed. For some reason, stuffed things food-wise make me a bit uneasy- not unlike souffle, but in a different way. Stuffed peppers, stuffed mushrooms, all these little things seem to be overshooting the mark of good, plain food. But I hadn't tried it, so I decided not to knock it. And the timing was perfect for using the last of the zucchini purchased from the Farmer's Market at Dupont. For the Simply Recipes recipe I used, look here. I downsized it to the 2 large zucchini I had a bit haphazardly, and used ground pork instead of ground turkey, since that's what I had in the freezer. That may have contributed to the soupiness...
I took it to a fun friend lunch of a Saturday, and we feasted! Kim cooked up a frittata out of thin air, showed me how an asparagus salad can be done by blanching, and of course we had a dessert plate as well (but all leftovers and bits-to-hand, so no photo). Instead, you get the treat of seeing a photo of the mug into which I tried to pour the extra cooking liquid (to save it for later of course): FAIL. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment