Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tokyo Treats (and Airplane Atrocities)

My first food consumed in Tokyo- ramen with pork broth (and several different forms of pork, I think): heaven in a bowl!
My second meal in Tokyo, the next morning: the freshest sushi around, right outside the Tsukiji Fish Market (it was about 6:45 AM at this point). Just for contrast, my airplane meal for breakfast on the United flight from Tokyo to Los Angeles- yuck! The egg-cheese-form was edible, the sausage was not, and the potato-y thing was good with salt.
More to come! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Tokyo--best food I've ever had in the world. Your post about the Tsukiji Fish Market reminded me of the jetlag I had when I arrived. It was the only way I was able to make it to the market at 5:00am in the morning!

    Great post! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete